Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Sat, March 31, 2001 at 11:03 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Subject: A Vote In June for Image Online Design is a vote to keep competition alive and well....

Dear ICANN Board Members:   

I again ask all board members to reconsider Image Online Design's application for Dot Web™ when you meet in June 2001.  

True competition only exists if different companies are vying for the same customers.  Member companies or Consortium's only have their bottom line to worry about.  From what I understand they must sign Non-Compete clauses to become part of this "group".  Please correct me if I am wrong on this but won't that create inefficiency and poor customer satisfaction ratings.  I dare say if you took a poll right now there are a lot of unhappy customers out there with respect to the level of customer service that is currently being offered.  MY response:  It doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure out why.

Enter Image Online Design and Dot Web™.  IF they are given the go ahead this June at your meeting (approve the reconsideration request), you will finally have the answers to the questions you would be looking for.  Why?  Dot web would have a real chance to go head-to-head with dot com...The effects of this could then be studied.  Image Online Design would compete against Verisign....The effects of this could be studied.  What results are you looking for when and if Afilias or NeuLevel complete their test phase....Without true competition, I fear your data would lead you to only one conclusion:  WE NEED REAL COMPETITION!!!  Afilias has Verisign as a member of the consortium; NeuLevel has CORE members involved.  This recipe will not produce results.  The problem and embarrassment I conclude, would be for ICANN to have to explain to another congressional panel why the new TLDs did not do their job intended.  You can almost hear the responses from the experts in the field.

Thank you!

Gregory W. Krajewski
Dot Web Supporter
Image Online Supporter

"Give true competition a chance....and you will never regret it". 

"If true competition is not allowed we can all forget about what we will get for lunch tomorrow....It will be the same"

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy