Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: InternetAdvocate
Date/Time: Wed, April 18, 2001 at 3:23 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 4.0
Subject: SLD's, TLD's & ICANN authority.

I advocated changing ccTLD's to three or four letters, thus ccTLD .co would no longer be two letters.  Then co-ops could use .co (rather than .coop).

I advocated changing a SLD (.co) to .com (for example: change .co.uk to .com.brit).  That is not duplicating a ccTLD (.co) or a G-TLD (.com) at all.  (A SLD is not a TLD.)

I advocate forcing existing businesses, that have unauthorized TLD's, to form partnerships with other entities simply because ICANN chooses to force a duplication of their business product, because the U.S. government has sole authority over the Internet which it delegated to ICANN.

I have NOT suggested restraint of trade and price fixing.  I suggested that the UNAUTHORIZED registries merge into joint-venture non-profit registries, just like several registERs have created in the form of Afilias (the Official dot-info Registry authorized by ICANN).

Any disenfranchising of registrants who have paid for multi-year registrations (up to 10 years) is due to the fact that those registrations were invalid (unauthorized by the official Internet authority).

All those connecting to the Internet must follow official Internet procedures.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy