Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Wed, May 2, 2001 at 3:40 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Subject: www.Killer.web to be seen globally......soon.....it's only a matter of time.

I will tell you why....The carnage that has been hitting the dot com TLD only further links it with failure.  Afilias (Verisign, Register.com, et al) did not want dot INFO....I repeat...they did not want dot INFO...They wanted dot WEB.  Look back at their response to the question posed to them by ICANN about how they would take things if they were to get dot INFO or dot SITE as opposed to Dot Web.  They didn't paint a very good picture (costly to market a dot INFO / dot SITE, as opposed to dot WEB).  I think the intial registration of the dot info domain will be strong, but will mostly come from existing owners in the same name and/or speculators (which isn't illegal).

Therefore my prediction is that by Christmas 2001 when the stark reality sets in:  That there is NO good extension out there to replace the damaged dot COM, they (ICANN) will be under the gun to get Dot Web uploaded....

TO ICANN:  If you do read this, I hope you realize it's better to be prepared for dot web, then to second guess this, and have to scramble at the last minute.  I don't think the President of the United States is going to allow ICANN to hold back the ability to conduct lawful commerce on the internet....Yes, Killer.web represents my 'vehicle' to conduct interstate commerce.  There is definitely a new attitude in Washington DC with regards to how small business owners are treated, who I MIGHT ADD make up the bulk of the existing dot web registrants at Image Online Design. 

TO Dr Cerf:  If you read this sir, I am not sure I followed you on your response to a question posed to you on the ICANNwatch.com message board.  The question was in regards to how ICANN will treat alternate registries when you begin selecting new TLDs in the future.  Your response was that ICANN sees Alternate Registries operating outside the root, and that is how it will stay.  I would wholeheartedly agree with this to a point.  The exception should be for those registeries like a Image Online Design who paid $50,000 for the "chance" to be selected.  They should have an equal chance as any registry who applied.  The instructions posted on the ICANN website last September for those applying for a TLD did not state that existing Registries could not apply or be looked at.  Also I might include the fact Image Online Design has followed all IANA and ICANN policy rules to date, to include UDRP from what I understand. In a sense they are working "within your parameters" and "inside" rather than outside ICANN.  In case you weren't refering to Image Online Design in your comments, as I suspect you weren't, given the level of cooperation by Image Online Design in this process, I do sincerely apologize...

Regards,

Gregory

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy