Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ
||Wed, July 11, 2001 at 11:29 PM GMT (Wed, July 11, 2001 at 4:29 PM PDT)
||Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 4.0
||My Proposal that was referred to by Friedrich.
Friedrich wrote: "If all the existing alternate root registries are added under xyz.us
and .us needn't be entered into the browser, then your suggestion offers a really
viable solution. If a second registry wants to offer .com addresses, it must choose
.com.ca for example, which would have to be entered entirely (not simply .com, as
with .com.us). I think I finally understood your proposal and I definitely
think it has its merits."|
Clarification: I proposed that all existing MAIN root
registries append '.us' CC-TLD to their G-TLD's [converting their G-TLD's to SLD's
within the '.us' CC-TLD]. The default would be '.us', so there WOULD NOT be
any need to change their marketing. This would apply to .com, .net, .org, .mil,
.gov, .edu, .biz, .info, ... in the MAIN root.
I also proposed that the ALT roots
append any CC-TLD [except '.us'], for example '.eu' CC-TLD, to their G-TLD's [converting
their G-TLD's to SLD's within that CC-TLD, for example '.eu' CC-TLD].
alt root G-TLD entered without a CC-TLD appended would default to their competitor
in the MAIN root, so there WOULD be need to change their marketing. However,
there are very few alt root TLD's compared to MAIN root TLD's.
[with alt root TLD's] will have marketing problems ANYWAYS with I.C.A.N.N. TLD's
conflicting. My proposal ELIMINATES such TLD-conflicts, unifies all roots,
and removes I.C.A.N.N. from the TLD selection process entirely!
Isn't that what
all those alt root fans want???
Friedrich replied in this thread
to my proposal in another thread. See the link below for that proposal.
||My Proposal that was referred to by Friedrich
- A GREAT solution to Colliding .BIZ TLD's? InternetAdvocate, May 17, 2001 @ 2:45 AM (6/9)
- As long as existing registrations stay, I think your proposal has its merrits. friedrich, July 10, 2001 @ 9:38 PM (1/1)
- My Proposal that was referred to by Friedrich. InternetAdvocate, July 11, 2001 @ 11:29 PM (0/0)
- Adding more TLD's Dassa, May 19, 2001 @ 6:26 AM (1/1)
- Pigs might fly Elvis, May 17, 2001 @ 8:32 PM (0/0)
- Likewise for Colliding Dot-Info TLD's? InternetAdvocate, May 17, 2001 @ 3:47 AM (0/0)
- A Great Compromise with New.Net and ICANN? InternetAdvocate, May 17, 2001 @ 3:46 AM (1/1)
- ICANN should recognize IOD as sole .WEB registry. InternetAdvocate, May 17, 2001 @ 2:47 AM (0/0)