Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: psbyowner
Date/Time: Mon, August 6, 2001 at 8:09 PM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V4.0 using Windows 98
Subject: Guess what folks: We dont even need more domain names

Because websites cost time and money to manage, and they don't necessarily constitute a tangible asset, I predict that after .biz and .info, the market will be saturated and these names will become worthless.

.tv, .to, .cc, .ws, etc. domain name owners have lost tons of money because of devaluation and over speculation...

Lets face it, folks. Aint never gonna be another .com, and even that turned out to be a dud, with IPO .com companies being sued and going out of business and millions being lost because we cant figure out how to make money with internet technology...

I think it is safe to say that as a medium, internet commerce is a bitter and absolute failure. It has lost its luster to budding entrepreneurs... 99% of these websites havn't figured out how to make money, and I am afraid this is our immediate future.

I will buy a few of the .biz, .info names available, but frankly, as a domain name investor, I am tired of all the bulls**t and politics associated with the names and the internet in general.

Adios amigos. Dont buy too many of these .biz .info names, because they will end up similar to .tv, .to, and .cc. Registars will end up chasing down their reg payments from people dropping their names because there is no immediate monetary value to be made with these domain names. There is no denying this fact.

As someone who has been in internet marketing and domain name speculation for the last two years, this is my conclusion as of 8/06/2001.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy