Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: onmove
Date/Time: Tue, August 7, 2001 at 6:46 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 95
Subject: I would like to believe it but ....................

A. Afilias claims "it is simply not possible to validate all of the information in each of these restrictive fields and maintain a competitive pricing structure"

How many fields are we talking about? essentially two and both are not country specific.  Let's examine:

1. TM/SM Date: Was it not possible to program this field such that it will reject any date after October 1, 2000. Would this have meant commiting large funds and making Afilias loose its competitive edge? It would be hard to believe.

2. TM/SM field and requested second level domain (excluding words .info) must match. Again, would this have meant commiting large funds and making Afilias loose its competitive edge? It would be hard to believe.

B. Afilias says "Whois was prematurely published before the processing of the first queue was complete". I may be wrong but it gives the impression that the action of publishing was not planned.  I received E-mail from my registrar on August 2 informing me that Whois goes live on August 3.  The process appears to have gone as planned! what is premature about it?

It is good that Afilias have started talking.  We would not have come to this pass if they had paid attention to debate on sunrise period and generic words in various forums.

Amar

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy