Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: deanayer
Date/Time: Tue, August 7, 2001 at 7:41 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: ISP's !! Boycott resolving .INFO till they fix it !!!

How would anyone dispute a claim for football.info when one person claims a trademark and nobody actually has one? My problem is that many people have submitted requests in the open rounds for things like travel.info but some fool claims to hold the trademark.

For a real hoot see the fellow with the newyork.info registration whose trademark number is "e.g. 12345" WOW !

I DO HAVE A SOLUTION ! as an employee of a large ISP it wouldnt be hard to have major ISP's refuse to resolve any .INFO addresses until the slightest whiff of professionalism were allowed to creep into the process. This process is so amateurish in its execution its laughable.

It would have been easier to take the worlds registered trademarks and reserve them from selection then purge all the lottery lists - randomize the remaining entrants and award ownership.

I know the process isnt complete but the narrow window of time available to clean this up is closing fast and with it goes any shred of credibility unless people get the sense that there is fair play to be found in the process. Bogus trademark claimants should be barred from any further registration of .info names until after the process goes live!

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy