Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Craig.D
Date/Time: Wed, August 15, 2001 at 5:20 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: At least its something

Well, like the rest I'm happy, at least something is being done.
It would be great if a detailed check could be made. Maybe the applicant could supply an original trademark extract and a signed letter (digitally or otherwise) confirming the right to use this trademark. Something which Afilias could use to properly register the name.

Srana, bezzant and the majority of people at this forum are worried about landrush with no land. Perhaps a mass email (to sunrise applicants) at this point and before 'Landrush' maybe useful. This could note possible recourse (fines or otherwise) for false applications. Whether these fines are actually applied would be questionable, however it may help free some of the many thousands of false applications, making them available for 'Landrush'. This may also help to appease the many thousands of dismayed 'Landrush' applicants, who at this time, like myself, are a tad heated.

A quesion I have is whether a medium sized pool of some of the most valuable domains available will be released in a more "fair" process like the current 'Landrush', or they will be released as expired domains, allowing various unnamed parties to take all available bandwith, thereby preventing the majority of the Internet community of having a chance at registering these names. I believe diversity to be a key issue, please lets not find the 10-15 most valuable names with the same administrative details.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy