Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: richyhenderson
Date/Time: Sat, August 18, 2001 at 10:30 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: OK - now all phone Afilias with this plan!

I really feel we're getting a convergence of opinion here.

If you've read these threads you'll understand the oh-so-simple plan:

ALL names are offered at Landrush. If already trademarked at Sunrise, then winning Landrush applicant becomes reserve (has the right to challenge or leave Afilias to challenge). If challenge is successful, automatic transfer of name to the Landrush winner.

OUTCOMES:
Trademark holders happy. They keep their names.
Landrush applicants get the randomised system they were promised.
Fraudsters dumped and lose their money.
Afilias have carried out Sunrise and Landrush exactly like they said they would.

WE NEED TO FLOOD AFILIAS WITH e-MAILS AND PHONECALLS in support of this suggestion. It's in their own interests. This solution is their best PR solution, because they end up doing what they offered.

e-mail addresses:
hcarle@afilias.info or phone (001) 215.504.4610

Heather Carle is a very nice lady - she's given me about 90 minutes phone time over 2 days so she understands this proposal. She's a point of contact who will pass on messages.

hlubsen@afilias.info or same number as Heather.
Hal Lubsen (or Rolan LaPlante) are actually the decision-makers you need to persuade. Unfortunately Hal is away until the middle of next week.

He has copies of this proposal both from myself and from Vint Cerf (who has asked him to give a response to it). ICAAN have a total interest in getting this solution adopted because it will stop some of the flack coming their way at a time when they certainly don't need it.

So please - if you want to influence the people at Afilias (ever-the-optimist!) then we should flood them with requests for this totally straightforward solution.

Everyone (except the fraudsters) stands to win.

richardhenderson@ntlworld.com

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy