Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: richyhenderson
Date/Time: Mon, August 20, 2001 at 3:56 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: Is it true?

Is it true that an employee of Spy Productions registered beach.info and spy.info through their own registrars?

If so, is it allowed? (Setting aside the question of whether 'spy' and 'beach' were actually Trademarks.)

And is it true that Spy Productions were asked to advise on a list of nearly 200 generics and whether a non-Trademark holder could apply at Sunrise, and then applied for and got registered a number of those names for that person? (I'm curious, because I'm aware of the e-mail from the person concerned to Afilias, retrospectively complaining of the wrong advise and action.) I'm only asking.

And is it true that some registrars specifically said that anyone could apply in the Sunrise phase, and if so, does that disqualify the names that were applied for, since the basic rules were broken?

And is it true that when a Trademark claimant realised she'd done the wrong thing, and asked Afilias to delete the application, they have refused? (Thereby perpetuating a falsehood, and arguably acting obstructively against the interests of legitimate applicants?) I don't know. I'm only asking. It was capecod or something like that.

And lastly, is it true that Afilias have been asked to respond to the "Simple Solution" (aka Domebase) by ICAAN, and if so, what is their response and can ICAAN overrule it?

Thank you very much.

Richy Henderson

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy