Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: challenge
Date/Time: Mon, August 20, 2001 at 7:40 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 5.0
Subject: Looking more like my prediction is right.

Several news sources are pegging the .info names taken so far at or around 25,000.... That is a whole dictionary load of the generic words that count.

As I said before there is an absolute guarantee that 99% of those names have no Trademarks anywhere in the world. What this means is that Afilias will be returning the TOP 20,000+ names back to the purse.

Which brings us back to LandRush-2 (the real event), to be run sometimes in 2002, along with my prediction that this time around this will be offered as a Pay-to-Play lottery similar to the .BIZ process.

I'm thinking at least an average of 1000 submissions for every one of those 20,000 names at $5 a try, that is potentially a 100 million dollar event. That's right 100 million dollars (1000x 5 x 20,000) !!!

Would anybody in his right mind mess with this kind of an event? Afilias needs every ounce of publicity they can get between now and the time they run LR-2, and we are providing a great deal of that.

More importantly I hope no one here has any illusions that there is ANY WAY IN HELL, AFILIAS WILL MESS WITH THAT KIND OF MONEY TO MAKE RIGHT BY A FEW UNHAPPY INDIVIDUALS WHO STAND TO GET SHAFTED IN THE BOGUS EVENT CALLED LANDRUSH.

Pure and simple there is one and only one solution for this mess, a court injunction forcing them to postpone LandRush until they recover the stolen names.

Now we all know why they completely ignored the "Domebase" solution. So instead of waisting valuable time crying foul and hoping that Afilias or ICANN will come around and listen, let's find a good lawyer......    

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy