Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Wed, August 22, 2001 at 1:19 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Subject: I bet if these fraudulent registrations were being handled by the FBI...

Things would change in a heart beat.  I don't think the morons that are filing these fraudulent claims realize that there are criminal offenses for claiming to have a TM when you don't.  A Trademark is looked upon as a very important economic tool for any economy.  This is my opinion but it is no different then printing phony money.  By counterfeiting you are telling someone that the money you present is real, and for them to accept it blindly.

I am not certain why Afilias isn't treating the most obvious abuses of the Sunrise as potential criminal cases.  Also there should be no "challenging" of the obvious ones.  In fact if you register a dot com and do not provide correct information, the domain can and will be taken from you.  It says so in the agreement.  Not sure why they are even recogizing the bogus filings.

Afilias....Post something on your website (and all registrars) that it is a criminal offense to fraudelent file a document that says you have a TM, when you don't.  I bet that would stop some of the crap that is happening now.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy