Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Elvis
Date/Time: Fri, August 24, 2001 at 12:34 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: Hahaha, what a lot of moaning!

Look you lot, I see few people here saying anything that supports anyone one but themselves and their own selfish motives, so what if some dickhead has claimed whatever.info under a false trademark.  I think it stinks, but some of you would wait until the landrush to grab the the same name and say hard luck to the guy who really does have a real trademark claim on it. Like most ordinary people, he has never even heard about the sunrise period so he will lose out!  Most of the world does not know what is happening, but then, that is what some of you are banking on!

I don't like this TLD business anymore than you do, ICANN stinks of corruption and so do the companies that are rolling out the new TLDs, will it ever be any different, no!

I have to say, I am glad Afilias has made a small move to deal with the cyber squatters, this forum has played a part in forcing them to do something about them.  Most of you have not been interested in these forums before but your own motives have drawn you in.  Let me tell you, it's not often anyone takes any notice of the comments here (although they are supposed too), so be pleased this concession has been made.  I can't remember a time when this has happened before.

ICANN is under the control of an US Gov / corporate alliance, I think it is crap the way they have attacked the TLDs in the free roots,  (Original DotBiz, Atlantic Root, ORSC). They have plans to attack more, but will you give a hoot, most of you won't.  All the time your rights will be taken away and you will be told what to buy and when to buy it, but you won't even notice.

I have never seen this forum so busy, how much has greed played a part in this?  So for now, good luck to you all in the fight against the common enemies, we are on the same side, for the moment!

Freedom for the internet, down with the corporate alliance! 

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy