Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Nicholas Bernstein
Date/Time: Sat, August 25, 2001 at 10:43 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: I have NO problem, It seems YOU have a PROBLEM

Firstly, I didn't register any domain during the sunrise and I take offence for you to suggest or imply that i did. 

Secondly, "The Internet Challenge " is not spotting only suspicious regs., ie. no TM# or not proper TM#. That's the problem with this site - putting domains which have real TMs on it. Check it out for yourself, run sex.info in the USPTO.gov database, it is a real trademark, yet it is included on the site.  Now, if you had a real trademark would you want to defend it, do you think that person will enjoy defending themselves? Have you ever been to court or charged with a crime - do you think that those people enjoyed defending themselves even if they could prove their innocence?
I think not.  Also, in this case, being challenged does subject oneself to a cost of $295.  Do you think that these people enjoy paying an additional $295 just because it is posted on "the internet challenge" and therefore it has been highlighted as a suspect registration?  Next time, think before you write!

Finally, this may be hard for you to comprehend but Afilias does not need our help, they know and can easily find out all suspect TMs by performing alogrithms with various databases, along with parameters (ie. that is they can find all TMS registered after Oct.2,2000).

The internet challenge website is fulfilly its own agenda (to get as many domains as it can) and has no credibilty.

Nicholas

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy