Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipodes
Date/Time: Tue, August 28, 2001 at 9:01 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Subject: Golden Harvest - Bitter Harvest

With regard to recent comments about "being careful flagging what names you wanted" and "don't waste your time - Afilias and the Sunshine squatters will win" - all I can say is that these comments are probably true - however - I think that unless those of us touched most by the events of the Afilias .info rollout do something - then why should we expect someone else to do the dirty work for us. 

Afilias and ICANN are effectively the same entity with their common membership - both deaf - both blind - both apparently corrupted - as evidenced by their recent actions and lack of action.

Afilias and some of the registrar members of ICANN are enjoying a golden harvest - at the expense of the Landrushers - and it sure as hell doesn't feel good from where I am sitting.

Posters can contribute by making their posts positive.

This fight won't be over until the Landrushers get a fair shake and/or those who orchestrated and sanctioned the Afilias rollout are in the big house and there is a shake-out of ICANN so this sad and sorry affair is never repeated.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy