Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Vera-City
Date/Time: Fri, August 31, 2001 at 2:13 PM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: .info challenge

"IF" the facially defective registrations are returned to the public pool, landrush applicants haven't lost anything. Their still in the running for the domains...certaintly IF their landrush pre-registration rights are preserved...although slightly delayed until after the challenge period. Now it would be nice if Afilias would do this before the landrush period. Certaintly appears like it could be easily done. At least cancel the no-brainer ones that indicate "No Trademark", "Unknown" or "None" etc. as I've read about. However, Afilias apparently prefers to use the challenge mechanism. I've previously an opinion as to why...to offer additional protection time to legit trademark holders. There might be other reasons.  Also, can't fault Afilias for registering a domain during sunrise where the trademark information is from a banana republic...how can it be verified? I'm not referring to the ease of checking a US or Canadian online trademark database. Sorry, I feel Afilias is off the hook on this. As to the other alleged monkey-business by Afilias insiders etc...that's a whole different issue. Maybe a more serious issue. Afilias should be taken to task on answering questions on that issue. I suspect there are all sorts of "exemptions" from the rules that were unavailable to the general public. Maybe even legal, although maybe not fair. Maybe not legal. Attorneys, care to enlighten us? Has Afilias put us small fry on "double secret probation"?   

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy