Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipodes
Date/Time: Sat, September 1, 2001 at 11:07 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Subject: I tried doing business in good faith and look what it got me.

Like many others I sufferred a 100% hit rate by Sunrise fraudsters on the domains at the top of my wish list - and will pay at least USD$500 in registrar admin fees for having had the privilege of dealing with Afilias. 

Afilias now want me to back up at some future date, for what, a Landrush 2 and again pay non-refundable charges for the chance to queue names - or - take my chances against the registrars when the names are "released to the public".

I am sorry, I have seen Afilias and ICANN for what they are and the Afilias .info rollout for what it has been.

I've paid my dues and I am a fully paid-up victim.  I'm bitchin and I am not planning to stop.

However, if you want to be more than a sewing circle often producing more heat than light, then don't bet the media are watching - write/post to them, and yes, hunt daily for fraudulently registered names for Richard's site (I know I bitch good - but ask Richard - he gets almost daily lists from me) and post here evidence of continuing registrar scams.

And don't bet the authorities are watching - post your complaints to the following address

https://www.ifccfbi.gov/default.asp

which will get you to the Federal Bureau of Investigation and the Department of Justice and National White Collar Crime Center (NW3C) Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC).

Your whingeing, bitchin friend from Down Under.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy