Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: kerry
Date/Time: Sat, September 1, 2001 at 11:12 PM GMT (Sat, September 1, 2001 at 4:12 PM PDT)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 5.0
Subject: Re: Doesn't sound fair..........

>It would be unfair to pre-registrants.  If I am not mistaken Afilias
>is on record that they would take in consideration interests of pre-
>registrants in any future arrangement.

Please keep in mind that Afilias itself does not involve itself with the business operations of the registrars (read "sales tactics").  "Pre-registrations" are something that each individual registrar, acting on their own and without any direction from Afilias, decided to either offer or not.  And, as for the charging of pre-registration or "submit" fees, that is also something beyond the control of Afilias.  Anyone's beef in this regard should be directed toward the registrar in question, not Afilias.  Some registrars are charging those fees, some are not.  Perhaps, as I mentioned in another post, it's time to turn up the heat on those registrars that are guilty of taking pre-registration/submit fees for names that were taken during sunrise and/or are still taking fees for names that are clearly not available.

As for Afilias being on the record "that they would take in consideration interests of pre-registrants in any future arrangement", please point me to that record.  I do not recall that ever being mentioned (not that it perhaps *should* be mentioned, I've just never seen it).  Thanks!

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy