Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Elvis
Date/Time: Wed, September 5, 2001 at 9:33 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: Not all will care

But those who want a story will find plenty to write about, all I am interested in seeing is fairness.  Can you say this roll out process is benefiting the law abiding or the speculators. You have stated in previous posts this roll out will benefit the speculators.  Quite true, it has.  They now have the most valuable names, this is not fair on those who have paid money to que for these names in the landrush. If these speculators were to have waited for the landrush and took their chances with everyone else, goodluck to them.  If people wish to sell domains once they have legally bought them, that should not concern us. For the record, I don't need to stand up for the afternic crowd, many of them would not like my help nor would I share a beer with many of them.  But most of those who have invested money in a lottery they cannot win wish to hold on to their domains for business purposes.  They are not name speculators.  To be fair to Afilias, they have said they will do something about the problem of false trademark grabbers, forgive me for being cynical but the scale is so huge I can't see how they can. My real anger is directed at ICANN,  they are the architects of this shambles, they never listen, they never will.  I will shut up when someone holds them to account for their decisions that increasingly benefit big corporations and disenfranchise the ordinary internet users.    

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy