Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipodes
Date/Time: Wed, September 5, 2001 at 8:42 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Subject: looking more like a purge - from IDR - Internet Domains

Bastards - not even certain whether I can get a refund - minus charges - seems they think I am so impressed with this whole scam - that they will credit my account so that that I can  buy other .info applications - not f*cking likely - what did I say about enforceable laws for registrars!!!

Dear Sir / Madam,

First, we would like to thank you for registering your domains with IDR - Internet Domains Registry LTD.

As you know, September 12 is approaching and the “LANDRUSH” period is about to start, we at I.D.R waiting to submit your names to the .info registry. During the “SUNRISE” period domain names have been registered to Trademarks owners,  You may have submitted domain applications, which were registered as trademarks, if you did, a report on taken names is included.

As you have probably heard and read, some general purpose names were registered as trademarks during the SUNRISE period, under Afilias legal agreement with ICANN, these names can not be deleted without a dispute process, this dispute process will not be finished by Sep 12. It is our understanding that a “mini land-rush” may be scheduled for these domains at a later time, at the moment we have no official information from Afilias, we will advise you as soon as we have more
information

If you are interested to register a dispute for any of your names which have been taken, please
see http://www.afilias.info/faq/sunrise-challenge.html for more details.

IDR - Internet Domains Registry LTD policy toward unsuccessful applications, is to allow the registrant to exchange the taken names with new domain applications, during the LANDRUSH period and later on during normal (online) registration period, also, you may exchange this credit toward other domain extensions (including .com, .org, .net and the soon to be .name and .pro), if so please advise us.
To exchange your names with new domain names, we will issue coupons for you, please see details below.

Business Class customers, have the option to a refund after deducting transaction fees or to have the full amount available for other purchases.

The following 9 name(s) you have requested via our Premium Class service are already taken:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx.info

xxxxxx.info

xxxxx.info

xxxxxxx.info

xxxxxxxxx.info

xxxxxx.info

xxxxxxx.info

xxxxx.info

xxxxxxxx.info

We have prepared pre registrations coupons (for the unsuccessful application) for your use, to register names during the LANDRUSH period, just login into your account at  http://www.idregister.com and start a normal domain registration, the final display showing your
payment will automatically include discount coupons, you will not need to specify the coupons, the billing system will automatically search for your coupons and use them.

The following 3 name(s) will be submitted to the LANDRUSH:

xxxx.info

xxxxxxxxx.info

xxxxx.info

If you have any questions, or need assistance, please contact us at support@idregister.org.

Thank you,
IDR - Internet Domains Registry LTD.     

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy