Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Sat, September 8, 2001 at 2:55 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Subject: The "basket" method for choosing domains is a non-starter....you can bank on that the next go around

.iii is not a likely choice. Hardly anyone would expect ICANN to upload a domain absolutely no one will want.  This has nothing to do with how you would do as a prospective registrar. It has everything to do with how the public will accept a domain.  The "I's" clearly don't have it in my estimation.

My feeling is when the so called "test bed" period is over (hopefully sooner than later) and the next round of TLD selections start they will choose domains more wisely.  Like I said the "basket" method is a non-starter....

Again, this has nothing to do with you as a registar.  I'm sure you would do a fine job, but it just is not going to happen with .iii.  The media would be all over ICANN trying to have them justify a domain that is confusing to say the least.  Again, remember the "basket" method is out. 

Just my opinions though...I am a dot web; Image Online Design supporter just for the record, but these are my honest opinions, especially with regards to how they will choose the next TLDs.  You can't make the same mistake twice....(let's hope not!!)

Gregory W. Krajewski

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy