Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: DomeBase
Date/Time: Sun, September 9, 2001 at 4:46 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows NT 5.0
Subject: Thanks... I missed first open mike due to time diff foul up

I plan to submit the following... had to pare it back to "1,000 characters."  Unfortunately, I am having work done on my computer today.  If for any reason the end of the open mike period is approaching and I have not submitted the following yet... may I ask a favor, that one of you would submit it for me?  Thanks.  My data analysis skills are better than my web skills... and I am working from a new computer at home that is having problems.

---------------------------------

Dear Folks at Montevideo,

My study of a random 11,000+ Sunrise registrations estimated around half were technically inconsistent with TM rules.  Manual review gave plausible ones the benefit of the doubt -- including companies registering variations on a TM as originally requested by the IPC --  leaving 15-25% as probably bogus.  The percentage is much greater for valuable non-trademarked names. 

People who registered non-trademarked names in the Land Rush are being cheated out of a chance at those names and their pre-registration fees. The DomeBase Proposal (see DomeBase.com) would correct this to the benefit of ICANN, Afilias, legitimate trademark holders, registrars, and LandRush pre-registrants.  Without correction, future Sunrise periods may be in doubt.   Afilias' current course of action leaves LandRush pre-registrants, and registrars as well, twisting in the wind.  Please adopt the DomeBase Proposal. Thank you.

Sincerely, Bob Connor 

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy