Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: rachelmacgregor
Date/Time: Sat, September 15, 2001 at 9:25 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: a message to Afilias

From the Afilias website:

"Afilias' mission is to make .INFO a resource that fosters communication, commerce, and community for the people of the world."      

COMMUNICATION: refusal to answer reasonable complaints and proposals; refusal to communicate to registrars the status of Landrush pre-registrations that have been invalidated by fraud; refusal to engage with the internet community over deletions, cases of alleged fraud in their own company; refusal to participate in this forum; refusal to engage in the worries and concerns of customers who have been defrauded.

COMMERCE: taking money for explicitly fraudulent applications; accrediting registrars and allowing them to charge money for products that did not exist; presiding over a system that defrauded people; stealing domains that their own customers had paid money for in advance (eg hawaii.info and maui.info)

COMMUNITY: in this world there are destroyers and there are builders; building true community is about decency and honesty and standing up for what is right; Afilias have, in my opinion, shown NO decency or respect for members of the internet community; in my opinion, they have treated their defrauded customers with contempt; they seem to me to have pursued self-interest and profit, and the idea of "community" seems to me to be used as nothing but spin and slogan.

But rest assured: we will hunt you down.

Your actions will haunt you; they will be published; you will, if appropriate, be individually vilified; and it's not going to stop; every step of this shambles is being detailed and prepared for public derision.

It will not just blow over.

Accountability is only just beginning.

Rachel Macgregor
chlanna nan con thigibh a so's gheibh sibh feoil   

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy