Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipodes
Date/Time: Mon, September 24, 2001 at 3:51 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Subject: a post for the honest registrars

I posted earlier today a statement that I didn't care that honest registrars were feeling the heat produced by the events of the Afilias .info rollout - that's not completely true - as for some time I have thought how unpleasant life may be for the honest staff of ICANN, at Afilias and the different registrars involved in this sorry and needless mess.

I said in my earlier post that if a registrar was an undeclared supporter of a fair go for ther Landrushers, then they would be considered on the side of those who made this abomination happen, the principals of ICANN and Afilias, and be considered guilty by association.

I guess I was trying to apply more pressure to the straight registrars who are as disgusted by what is happening as we are, hoping that they would find the courage that the few have found to date and declare publically their opposition to the way in which the principals of Afilias - and by their silence and inaction, the tacit consent of the principals at ICANN - are doing their best to destroy .info and the Internet community's trust in the regulatory authority.

I never really thought that the domain buying public were the only victims of the Afilias venture and have imagined that there are a number of registrars wondering to themselves - what on earth are we doing in this mess - and how do we get out of it?

I appeal to you to let both your head and heart lead you to do what you know to be right - for your own and your customers'long term benefit.

I feel certain that the Afilias .info Sunrise events will spell the end to the influence, a sunset if you like, of those responsible for bringing us this avoidable fiasco.

sincere best wishes      

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy