Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: DaveKing2
Date/Time: Thu, September 27, 2001 at 6:24 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 5.0
Subject: Hundreds more Sunrise Challenges are yet to be published

A friend of mine is an IP lawyer who put in several challenges on behalf of clients. He said that he made his first challenge literally in the first fifteen minutes of the WIPO challenge website being open, and he said that his invoice number was already in the 70s to 80s range (they are in numerical order).

He also said he put in a challenge one week later and a decent amount of time has passed, and he hasn't even been assigned a number yet (WIPO is already up to 400 challenges, presumably all made in the first few days alone).

Therefore, if you are going to play the "I'll just challenge last" game, it's still just luck because you will have no idea who's challenged a name (possibly even seconds) before you or after you, until you've paid your money. Also, I can almost guarantee (based on Afilias' reputation to date) that they will extend the sunrise challenge close-off deadline to a random date in the future, opening up the possiblity that the respondent/challengee can then get retribution and challenge you.

Cheers,
Dave

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy