Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: hiltonian
Date/Time: Fri, September 28, 2001 at 3:10 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows 98
Subject: Maybe Afilias is run by politicians

because they certainly can't give straight answers.

Email from me to Afilias:

"Please could you tell me what is going on. I have been expecting to be informed of the fate of my landrush registrations for over 2 days now. My questions are as follows:
1) When (to the nearest couple of hours) can I expect to find out if my landrush registrations have been successful?
2) Why have you not published a definite date for the results of the landrush to be announced?
3) What are these latest delays due to?
Please address these three points in your reply."

The reply was as follows:

"Richard,
    Please read the this attachment that is published on our website. All other questions should be forwarded to the registrar or registrars that you submitted your names with."
[the attachment was basically a copy of bits of http://www.afilias.info/faq/rollout.html]

So I contacted my registrar (Total Registrations) who are usually very helpful, but they don't have a clue what is going on either!

My message to TR:
"I know that information is scarce, but the place Where the World Goes for Information is not providing me with any. Are you any more enlightened than me as to when the landrush results will be announced? Afilias seem to be procrastinating too much, which is doing nothing for their already non-existent credibility!
Many thanks for your continued help,
Richard Hilton"

TR's reply to my email proved that Afilias is keeping everyone in the dark:

"Hello Richard,
Thank you for your message.  We are still awaiting notification from Afilias as to when they will be able to provide the results to the landrush as they are continuing to process submissions.  We tentatively believe that the results will be supplied before 1st October when the domain is scheduled to go live for registrations.
I hope this is of some help.   
Kind regards,"

================================
.INFO ... Where the World Goes for ambiguity

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy