Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: richy
Date/Time: Sun, September 30, 2001 at 10:58 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: Hal Lubsen called to account - Day 2

This is a copy of a mailing sent today (Day 2) to Afilias CEO, Hal Lubsen, Vint Cerf, and my Irish/US attorneys. It is more or less the same mail I sent yesterday but he has not yet responded:

"Mr Lubsen

You have not yet replied to my mail and I remind you that I require a reply urgently.

On 23rd June, your company DomainBank charged me for a pre-registration for the Landrush period for Uganda.info, then submitted the name for another customer in the Sunrise period, thereby defrauding me and rendering my investment valueless by your company's actions.

Furthermore, the application you submitted for the second applicant two months later was a visually fraudulent application, in breach of Afilias and ICANN rules, as it had: Country "NONE" Trademark "NONE" Trademark Number "NONE"

Further to that, as CEO of Afilias, I hold you individually, and your company corporately, to be responsible for the submission and registration of a fraudulent claim, in breach of Afilias and ICANN contracts and rules.

Furthermore still, I hold you responsible for my loss, in that while you had contractual powers which permitted you to delete this fraudulent registration, and you were indeed requested to do so by the fraudulent applicant himself, you failed to take this reasonable action which would have protected my interests as your customer.

Furthermore I cite 90 other cases of fraud brought about for the same customer through the submissions of your company DomainBank and the registrations of your company Afilias, for which I also seek to find you liable and responsible, following the precedent of my own case, in support of further complainants.

Before I take legal action against your company, I am giving you a further 2 days to respond, to explain your actions, and to tell me what you propose to do to compensate me.

I also intend to publish this e-mail widely in case you decide NOT to respond.

I take the view that your company has consciously defrauded me and have failed to take reasonable action to protect my interests. You have sold me a product, and then sold the product again to another customer.

This is not acceptable business practice.

Richard Henderson"       

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy