Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Ron_Bennett
Date/Time: Mon, October 1, 2001 at 1:24 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: .BIZ and .INFO Applications Not Being Submitted By Registrars????

I've detected possible application fraud by some registrars in .BIZ and possibly .INFO too...

Why do I believe this...I didn't receive any IP challenge emails for .BIZ domain name applications that I did from some other .BIZ registrars. The number of .BIZ application IP challenge emails for a particular domain should MATCH the number of .BIZ registrars used (or greater) and most importantly, the total number of the applications challenged should MATCH the total number of applications submitted...example: 50 apps for "sex.biz" at registrar "A" and 50 apps for "sex.biz" at registrar "B"...total number of IP challenge emails expected: 2 Total number of app challenges for the domain: 100 (50 from "A" + 50 from "B").

In regards to .INFO...

I've submitted some .INFO apps for domains that are VERY UNIQUE and as of this moment I see they ARE NOT REGISTERED...perhaps .INFO is still updating...or more disturbing, some registrars did not submit .INFO applications even though they charged me for them.

Please let me know your experiences and the registrars involved. I will aggressively be seeking refunds from registrars who haven't submitted applications.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy