Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Ron_Bennett
Date/Time: Mon, October 1, 2001 at 2:21 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: PROPOSED: Boycott Visiting .INFO Domains and FILTER .INFO Domains OUT!

The amount of corruption and unethical activity I've seen to date along with with I've read about tonight with .INFO is way over the top!!

1. Outright bogus trademark claims for domains.
2. Afilias not doing virtually nothing to stop the above abuse.
3. Registrars charging persons for domains that couldn't be registered.
4. Registrars not submitting applications that they charged for.
5. Related to the above, registrars maintaining "private" submission lists - and never actually submitting applications that are on their "private" list.

ICANN and Afilias don't give a damn and thus at this point the .INFO rollout is extremely tainted; as well as from a technical standpoint, less stable than .COM.

So my proposal is that if ICANN/Afilias don't address the serious problems with .INFO and the registrars involved, then I urge website operators, server admins, etc to seriously consider blocking .INFO requests by whatever means necessary. In addition, end users may also get into the act by simply adjusting their email filters to block all email originating from .INFO email addresses.

I realize my suggestion won't solve the problems with .INFO, but perhaps ICANN / Afilias will take our concerns far more seriously when they hear serious talk about .INFO domains being blocked, etc.

Comments welcomed...

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy