Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Ron_Bennett
Date/Time: Mon, October 1, 2001 at 2:54 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: Just ASK!  NO WRITTEN RECEIPT, NO SALE...I know from experience...

All you have to do is call your credit card issuer and ask for a refund for the transaction...if the transaction(s) occurred more than four months ago, you may have a problem getting a charge-back issued, but it's still worth a try.

Keep in mind that credit card issuers typically will charge-back internet related transactions with little or no question UNLESS they merchant has a WRITTEN, SIGNED RECEIPT...the typical internet merchant for all practical purposes has no recourse...especially in regards to service oriented transactions (ie. .INFO pre-registrations) in which there is no physical product.

In regards to explainations...here are some: "the service wasn't performed properly", "the service was fradulent", "I never ordered that", "I don't know what that charge is for?" --- this last one is interesting in that at that point it's up to the merchant to explain what the charge is for...a big company, etc may not respond in time to the credit card issuer's inquiry and/or the issurer may just do a charge-back anyways.

Charge-backs are expensive for merchants...they lose the money for the sale and get fined too - and they can even lose their ability to accept credit cards...so assert your rights!!

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy