Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: psbyowner
Date/Time: Tue, October 2, 2001 at 11:35 PM GMT
Browser: AOL Browser V4.0 using Windows 98
Subject: All the names they took were available in the Afilias whois...

after the Sunrise period. I remember checking the whois info and many of these cities were still available just a few days ago. It looks like Landrushers were at least prioritized first (or else we would not have gotten what few names we did get; and some of the names Landrushers got were prime), then these names were snagged possibly before or immediately during when the live registrations began. It was screwed up because all the registrars who were supposedly taking real time registrations on Oct 1 st had more bugs and hold- ups, reducing the odds that a "regular person" good get a generic city domain. Go figure.

It indeed looks like DomainPeople bought out what was left of the secondary city market here in California. I had indeed bought a few pre-regs with them, but it doesnt appear there was a conflict, because the same names I pre-reg'ed through them I got through a different registrar. If some of the names I pre-reged with them were taken with this same info in the  Afilias whois:

Domain Administrartor
Dulles Nokes
No City
No Phone
.....etc. etc. etc.

Then I might have a problem. I will consider myself lucky that my beloved registrar was fast enough to beat out domainpeople!

In fact, correct me if Im wrong. Isn't one of the Afilias board members part of Domain People?

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy