Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipodes
Date/Time: Fri, October 5, 2001 at 12:56 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Subject: hats off to WEBCITY - outstanding service!!!

I posted a few days ago about real world .info pricing not matching Afilias's bid document's claims that the .info intro would be good for domain customers through competition between registrars.  I noted that too many registrars were charging USD$70 for 2 years .info registration.

I mentioned one of the exceptions was Webcity at AUS$67.90/2yrs including GST - given the value of the Aussie dollar, about half the price set by so many others.

I have now had my first dealings with them and I could not have been more pleased.

Webcity was very helpful in the time that Afilias was in "maintenance" mode and I received a personal email from Bennett Oprysa when a cueued application I was was sweating on was unsuccessful.

We swapped a mail or two and without my having to complete a new application form, Bennett registered the singular form of the generic I had really wanted but had registered through another registrar.

Along with Bob Connelly's PSI-Japan, RegistrarsAsia (I know, another Aussie company)-  Webcity on their price and service to me the past few days gets my vote for registrar of the year!!

BIG Thanks WEBCITY

(This has been an unsponsored and unsolicited broadcast.) (I have also found that DirectNIC is charging USD$30/2yrs - up there with good value - but give the Aussies a go, heaven knows, our economy needs it)

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy