Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipodes
Date/Time: Fri, October 5, 2001 at 11:38 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Subject: credit where credit is due

With Afilias in "maintenace" mode for so long, real time registration had become a lottery, so I bought bought five tickets in a name I felt was very valuable.

I bought the first ticket just after the Afilias 486 crashed, and the last four just before it was rebooted.

Ticket #4 won the money (name however still "registered" to RegistrarsAsia whose staff assure me that the name is mine and they have a number of registrations to correct).

Ticket #1 registrar WebCity, with whom I had been communicating during the Afilias outage wrote me a personal email when my application with them was beaten by #4 registrar's cueue.  They offered me an immediate refund or a shot at another name.  I mailed them I would like them to try for the singular of the name that #4 secured, and within minutes had confirmation they had registered it for me.

In contrast, I have not heard a peep from registrar #2 DirectNIC - refund or another try? or from registrar #3 NameScout - refund or another try, or from registrar #5 Easyspace - refund or another try?

Well done RegistrarsAsia - although I will be a lot happier when my name fills the registrant fields and not yours.

Well done, very well done WebCity - super, super service!! 

DirectNIC - I am still waiting.
Namescout - I am still waiting.
Easyspace - I am still waiting.   

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy