Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: richard_henderson
Date/Time: Sun, October 7, 2001 at 3:31 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: um... reassuring words?

Hal Lubsen, Afilias' CEO, said, "It is unfortunate that some individuals have misused the Sunrise period in an attempt to abuse the process. However, Afilias is committed to doing its part"

And yet...

On 23rd June, Hal Lubsen's company DomainBank charged me for a pre-registration for the Landrush period for Uganda.info, then submitted false details for another customer in the Sunrise period, thereby in my opinion defrauding me and rendering my investment valueless through his company's actions.

Furthermore, the application he submitted for the second applicant two months later was a visually fraudulent application, in breach of Afilias and ICANN rules, as it had: Country "NONE" Trademark "NONE" Trademark Number "NONE"

Further to that, as CEO of Afilias, as well as DomainBank, I feel he must take some responsibility for the submission and registration of a fraudulent claim, in breach of Afilias and ICANN contracts and rules.

Furthermore still, I feel he deserves to take responsibility, in that while he had contractual powers which permitted him to delete this fraudulent registration, and he was indeed requested to do so by the fraudulent applicant himself, he failed to take this reasonable action which would have protected my interests as his customer.

Furthermore I cite 90 other cases of fraud brought about for the same customer through the submissions of his company DomainBank and the registrations of his company Afilias.

So when I hear these words: ...

Hal Lubsen, Afilias' CEO, said, "It is unfortunate that some individuals have misused the Sunrise period in an attempt to abuse the process. However, Afilias is committed to doing its part" ...

...I do not feel entirely reassured

They say they will challenge all these names?

Why submit around 100 "NONE" data applications from William Lorenz in the first place???

This is completely dumb! This is Alice in Wonderland stuff!

Oops - no - I forgot... DomainBank charged Lorenz $16380 for helping his "NONE" names go through completely ineligibly...

at least SOMEONE gained out of it

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy