Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: spot
Date/Time: Mon, October 8, 2001 at 1:44 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: Speednames

(The speed at which this discussion board moves is frightening. It reminds me of an undisciplined mind- jumping from one thought to the next, never really pursuing or focussing on any particular thought. I wonder if ICANN designed its boards like this to stop people pursuing controversial issues- within a day your thread is buried under dozens of others).

ANYWAY, this is what I'm saying...

I may be jumping to conclusions here, but when I try to visualise a person, Plankenstein phoning up a registrar and cutting a deal for $500,000, I see him asking for some assurance that the names

1. will get submitted without appropriate validation
2. will not be revoked later

He would have spoke to the most senior person at Speednames for this magnitude of deal. That person I am convinced would have been very assuring- people always are when someone's waving $500K in front of them.

What I'm saying, is basically that I think the management of Speednames (as a board member of Afilias) would have categorically assured Plankenstein that his investment will pay off very well, although some token names (a few small Austrian villages) may be revoked just to keep spectators happy.

Nobody puts that much cash on the line without positive assurance. He probably drew up a custom contract for the deal. I wouldn't be surprised if Plankenstein and our Speednames/ Afilias friends were connected previously.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy