Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipodes
Date/Time: Sat, October 13, 2001 at 1:56 AM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Subject: good one Bob - like you, I had no axe to grind until it

became apparent that I was involved - together with my money - in a game whose organisers and regulators had stacked the deck against the average player and apparently didn't give a damn - behaving as though they were untouchable and that there would be no fallout from the fiasco they couldn't handle.

I would like to be wrong, but I feel that unless they are stopped very soon, the Afilias Ltd. and ICANN gang (you know the ones with chairs at the board and committee tables in both institutions)will be mounting a brand new Landrush (it will be interesting to see what they call it) for EVERYONE to pay AGAIN for the privilege to have a chance to win the disputed generics.  I also wonder which of the disputed names will somehow miss the challenge process and in whose hands they will remain.  You can bet some of the registrars who played fast and loose in Sunrise will again have their noses in the trough.

Unless the execs of Afilias discover the ethics the public expects of those in their positions and Afilias decides to adopt your proposal for an equitable distribution of disputed names, then I sincerely hope that an Afilias Ltd. Landrush which doesn't give standing to the original Landrush preregistrants is the straw that breaks the camel's back and the powers that be send the (ir)responsible members of the ICANN and Afilias Ltd. boards to jail.

Where's the journalist who will expose ICANNgate or Afilias Ltd.gate?

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy