Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: richard_henderson
Date/Time: Sun, October 14, 2001 at 10:02 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.0 using Windows 98
Subject: Question to Mickey Beyer of Speednames... 2 ...

I have a question for Mickey Beyer, Afilias Board member:
What are you going to do with the $500,000 or thereabouts, which Konrad Plankenstein paid you, to help him submit 4981 fraudulent names?

Since you supported his applications as his registrar, and had a contractual obligation to check all applications; and since your actions resulted in thousands of pre-registrants being defrauded; and since your $500,000 has been gained in the execution of a fraud...

Are you (a) going to return the money to Plankenstein (b) keep it yourself (c) give it to charity?

I repeat:

"What are you going to do with the money?"

(I also pose the same question to CEO Hal Lubsen regarding the $13,300 he seems to have received from William Lorenz for submitting 91 fraudulent names with "NONE" data in the relevant fields. What are you going to do with that money, Hal? Are you going to pocket it, Hal? Do you know that because your company DomainBank supported Lorenz, and your company Afilias registered his "NONE" names, hundreds if not thousands of customers have been defrauded? But YOU gained out of it, didn't you? Is this the ethical behaviour of the Afilias CEO... is this the level of ethics that Afilias represents... What are you going to do with the money? Are you happy to retain $13,300 earned in the execution of fraudulent claims, even if you were only acting on behalf of "the crook", and which you then declined to delete, when even Lorenz realised it was wrong?)       

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy