Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: InternetAdvocate
Date/Time: Fri, October 19, 2001 at 11:04 PM GMT (Fri, October 19, 2001 at 4:04 PM PDT)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows NT 5.0
Subject: Try this...

"Why don't we just make our .web domains also resolve under webtld.com instead?"

You could, but I think me.web.webtld.com would be more confusing than me.web.com or me.web.net to most people.  Think about it. Which is easier to understand: appending '.webtld.com' to .web or appending '.com' to .web ?  Obvious.  Ditto for appending .net to .web !

"Why don't we ignore the collisions and continue to do what we're doing now: demonstrating a working registry?"

Because your clients are losing revenues.  [At least New Net's clients are accessing the mainroot by appending .new.net to their domains in promoting their sites with New Net's help.]

But to avoid the colliding domains issue [.web versus .web.com], IOD could buy web.net [instead of web.com].

Dot-web website viewers could view those sites in the main root by appending '.net' thereto.  And IOD's clients would generate more traffic way before ICANN's acceptance [if ever] of IOD's .web into the main root.

Now understand?

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy