Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Tue, October 23, 2001 at 3:22 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Subject: New.net has raised the bar????   Give me a break!!!!

Your proof you offer:

>>>>>Things that would likely appear on the check-list.

1. Affiliate Program 
2. Registrar Interface
3. Message Board
4. ISP Participation with >50,000,000 Subscribers<<<<<<

This checklist you offer tells me Jim, you haven't the slightest idea what you are talking about when it comes to the Domain Name System.  Frankly, I am shocked to say the least...Yes, New.net has made a name for itself.  Yes, they sell names that can be seen if you have an account with the likes of NetZero, and Earthlink...If you don't they you can use their plug-in (version???)....The "message board"----Good one!!

I see you are trying to sell the "real biz"....How is this helpful??? I mean really?? 

At least with Image Online Design, they are upfront in what they have offered, a "proof-of-concept" dot web registry.  Their "proof-of-concept" has show ICANN (and IANA) that they are A) responsible B) worthy of inclusion in the legacy root and C) working with the internet community...

I don't see new.net doing this...Their idea of community is only those who accept their "Idea of how the internet should be"...I myself have been banned several times on their "message" board for speaking my mind.  I was informed that is not acceptable...That if I want to point out weak spots, that I could go somewhere else....Well, here I am...prove me wrong about New.net and I will listen....Oh, please do back up your comments....

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy