Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: spot
Date/Time: Tue, October 23, 2001 at 9:56 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: VOTE BELOW: Do we inform Hawaii TM holders they could get Hawaii.info off Leopold? YES or NO-

Her defense is apparently that she applied for them by mistake and has been told that they cannot be deleted. Well since she is a board member of Afilias, obviously it's up to her. This is the lamest LIE I have heard in a long while.

But I put it to you- Are we going to let her get away with it, bearing in mind that Hawaii.info could be worth perhaps $500,000 - $1000,000 at least in a year or two if not now?

Do we believe that Afilias will challenge itself and put the name back into the pool?

We have a solution: We do online TM searches, compile a list of people who have the Hawaii TMs, and then email all of them explaining clearly what has happened, giving a link to the Afilias whois and also this forum as further evidence, and explaining that they could legitimately claim intellectual property worth $500,000.

I undertand that many people are against domain hijacking and I sympathise with this view when people who legitimately register adomain have it swiped, but this is different- this is not only a sunrise fraud, but worse still, is committed by a board member of the registry. I am only suggesting this solution because it is clear that THERE IS NO OVERSEEING BODY. AFILIAS IS ACCOUNTABLE TO NO-ONE. ICANN DOES NOT DO ANYTHING ANY MORE EXCEPT ALLOCATE REGISTRY PERMISSIONS. ICANN DOES NOT MONITOR REGISTRY PERFORMANCE AND DOES NOT REPRESENT OR REPLY TO THE INTERNET COMMUNITY.

SHALL WE TAKE CONTROL AND SCREW LEOPOLD?

VOTE NOW BELOW.

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy