Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Thu, October 25, 2001 at 11:01 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Subject: My Response to Challenge's questions.....

>>What do you stand to gain on a personal level other than your obvious contribution to humanity?<<<

I don't look at it from the standpoint of what will I personally will gain when Image Online Design's dot web registry is uploaded to the USG root.  I look at it as how will the name-space gain from Image Online Design's dot web registry being in the legacy root.....I can tell you that when Image Online Design's dot web registry is approved, you WILL see improved service from Network Solutions, Register.com, etc, etc.  The problem with the name-space right now is there is no other TLD that competes against dot com.  Having said that, those registries with the bulk of the dot com names will rule the DNS.....That is why it is so important for ICANN to approve Image Online Design's application in 2002...In keeping with the spirit of the "White Paper"---that ICANN introduce real competition into the name-space....Think about it in those terms, and it all makes sense...No sales pitch...just the facts..

>>>>-How many .WEB names do you currently own?<<<<

I own 32.  Mostly related to businesses I plan to start.  My favorite:  www.killer.web ---Plan to build a "website-on-demand" service with it.

>>>>-Will you agree to throwing those back into the pool for an equitable distribution process that benefits the public at large?<<<<<

Please allow me to answer your question with a question:  Would you be willing to give up your dot info's (if you bought any) to those people who don't know about dot info right now (about 99% of the internet users), but may happen to pay a visit to Network Solutions in December and see the extension for the first time???  Does that make sense???

Afilias' dot info registry is a "proof-of-concept" approved by ICANN last year.  Image Online Design (see full explanation below) got the approval to do a "proof-of-concept" some time ago and are just awaiting approval.  So without question some of the "good" names are taken.  Not all by Americans either.  The database is quite full with Europeans, Asians, Latin Americans, South Americans etc.

Please click on the link below...I explain things in further detail.

Link: Image Online Design's Registry [explained]

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy