Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: cgrady
Date/Time: Fri, October 26, 2001 at 8:08 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows NT 5.0
Subject: Scratch at the surfact of IOD ......

... and you will find a working, stable registry, integrity and merit every single time ... scratch a little deeper and you just find more of the same. That's why they have the show-of-support that they have.

I don't publicly support IOD (.WEB) because I purchased a couple of dot-WEB domain names and now want to profit from them. I purchased some dot-WEB domain names because IOD (.WEB) has proven their merit to me, proven themselves deserving of my support and more-than-capable of operating a TLD. I voted for competition with my dollars in the form of purchasing domain names because I want a viable competitor to dot-com, and an alternative to the status quo of no competition thus horrendous.

So, did the chicken or the egg come first? Did my support for IOD or my purchase of a .WEB domain come first?

The answer is that IOD gained my confidence and support long before I ever purchased a .WEB domain. ICANN doesn't listen to us, nor do they seem to care, so people just like yours truly voted with their wallets. You have to believe in an organization before you give them your money, much less the public support that I, and others, have given them.

I'm constantly accused of supporting IOD because I want the value of my .WEB domains to go up. That could not be further from the truth. Psychologists refer to this behavior as "projection". My support of IOD has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with my owning .WEB domains. As I said before, I supported them long before I purchased a .WEB domain.

Regards,
Chris Grady
President
Vieodata

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy