Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Sat, October 27, 2001 at 10:52 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Subject: Good Morning to you Antipodes!

I like the dot info TLD.   I like it's chances however biased that may sound!  

Afilias has a chance to really brand this domain into a "search engine" alternative.....It doesn't appear this is going to happen anytime soon though.  It will be up to us (again) to carry the day...

With the dot info's I was able to get I plan on using them to become the major vacation hub for our region.  dot info makes sense for travel related websites, as well as sites geared to providing information about cities where one may want to relocate...

It will take time to brand info though...It will take longer if Afilias waits to "brand" it's name....Having Verisign (a.k.a dot com) as a member, I wonder how quick that will come....If you have been following my cause, I hope you see why Image Online Design's dot web is so important...without Image Online Design's dot web, Verisign will make sure all other TLDs are inferior...including dot info.  I would like to see Afilias break all ties with Verisign.  It would give it room to move at least...

Gregory

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy