Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Garry Anderson
Date/Time: Wed, October 31, 2001 at 2:56 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: Spooky thanks to you also

Personally - I admit to first looking after my own self interests.

I thought most things could be sold on open market e.g. grade 8 Honus Wagner baseball card went for $1,265,000 and UK car number plate 1 RT is on sale for 350,000 UKP (about half million dollars). Indeed the licensing authorities auction the best numbers.

I also knew that unlimited numbers of TLDs was technically possible - so was infinate resource.

Procter & Gamble had bought thousands of domains. It is was selling 100 - including beautiful.com which it had for sale at $3,000,000.

In one of several emails sent to US DOC & USPTO (this is October 9, 2000):

My interest in this topic was at first vested, to protect investment in generic domains (bought with ill health savings). WIPO would spin this to take them away from me, again using the excuse from JT.com case - saying bought "for no legitimate reason but for the purpose of selling it to another person for unjustifiable profit.'' They do so stopping the lawful owners selling on the free market. Or is it only a free market when only big business can make unjustifiable profit?

Now this interest has expanded, after seeing the big picture of what was happening, into areas of free speech and Internet management. For instance, why is it that child protection was not tackled first? It should have at least been tackle concurrently - with the same force used to protect trademarks.

Link: WIPO.org.uk

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy