Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: EasyTech
Date/Time: Thu, November 1, 2001 at 3:02 PM GMT (Thu, November 1, 2001 at 4:02 PM CET)
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V6.0 using Windows 98
Subject: okay

Reply: The main benefit being, this stops incompetent management getting their hands on a TLD.
--> yes

Afilias customers would have known they were gambling on them doing a good job. Yes - Afilias would be the first to go.
--> I think customers would have been cheating in this proof of concept phase. If you or ICANN would let them proof their concept, they must let customers register domains. And when this proof of concept fails customers are cheated.

Reply: Though I am not advocate for .web, nor having .web domain, I consider it a good general purpose TLD.
-->agree

Reply: Agree - with .reg for registered trademarks ;-)
LoL

I read you posts weeks before that TMs shouldn't have prior right to domains and I have to agree. Nearly everything is trademarked. But this TMs are poisen for web navigation: Type in orange, you will get a mobile phone provider, type in apple you would get a copmuter manufacturer, type in kinder you would get ferrero chocolate, type in cat you would get caterpillar,...  

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy