Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Garry Anderson
Date/Time: Fri, November 2, 2001 at 8:22 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.5 using Windows 98
Subject: Analogy

> Afilias customers would have known they were gambling on them doing a good job. Yes - Afilias would be the first to go.

--> I think customers would have been cheating in this proof of concept phase. If you or ICANN would let them proof their concept, they must let customers register domains. And when this proof of concept fails customers are cheated.

Analogy: Here we have this horse, from its form, looks like it may stay the course - but it could fall down at the first hurdle.

You KNOW it may not make the finishing post.

Or the trainer and owner may get caught cheating.

When you make a bet on a horse and it does not win - do you ask for your money back?

It is a GAMBLE - like those who got .web domains.

From what I have seen, Image Online Design deserves their .web - more than Afilias deserves .info !

--> But this TMs are poisen for web navigation.

I am of average(ish) IQ - it amazes me that people of greater intelligence and knowledge of these things allow it to continue.

People can see the argument is solid.

To quote from my comments to WIPO again, "Most trademarks share its name or initials with many others. When authorities could put trademark identity beyond shadow of doubt, they are either devoid of intelligence or corrupt."

These people knew the solution - even before I placed it before them.

These people in authority have no honour - they are corrupt.

Link: WIPO.org.uk

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy