Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Sat, November 3, 2001 at 6:02 PM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Subject: The market  *has* decided....They don't want one company controlling several TLDs...

That is what is killing "New.net"....and also because they are creating a system outside the root we all use for commerce and information....If they want to do that they are free to do so....but don't frick up the internet *I* use to sell things, and rely on it bringing people to my website...

You are supposed to be a genius at this Jim, and your comments reflect otherwise...

If you don't see a problem with all kinds of TLDs running around on different systems, then you are really posting on the wrong board...Maybe you should stick with the dribble on New.net..

Having said that, I don't think what ICANN has done and is doing is healthy for the internet either...That is why we are here, to express our opinions on what will work....

I think a registry has to the "community" they can run a TLD"...New.net certainly has shown they can.

I think a registry should only control one TLD...not several...New.net fails miserably there...How many are they up to....500???  Does the "2001 Version of Name-Space" fit the bill here...

I think a registry should be robust....If New.net were to upload their TLDs to the legacy root...What becomes of all those "plug-ins" running around on other systems...

I think a registry should adopt the "single root" authority concept...New.net fails this...They believe that the "market" should decide...Well, if the market consists of a "unique" population that only have access to Earthlink, NetZero, etc, and have downloaded their plug-in, then I guess they have shown that it could work, for a very small amount of the population....

I could continue, but then it would seem like I am piling on...

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy