Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: antipodes
Date/Time: Sat, November 3, 2001 at 10:14 PM GMT
Browser: Netscape Communicator V4.74 using Windows 98
Subject: the Johnson&Johnson smart.info case - just L.U.C.K.Y.?

Regular posters will be wondering why if Johnson&Johnson have been doing humanitarian/marketing work in Bolivia since 1998, a country whose official languages are Spanish, Quechua and Aymara, JnJ TM register S.M.A.R.T. just prior to the cut-off date for .info TM registrations.

Why is it when Johnson&Johnson indicate that their Bolivian TM is for S.M.A.R.T. - a name and TM of little use - unless of course you are doing humanitarian work in a predominantly non-English speaking country - they manage to register "smart"?

What happened to the stops?  Was this a registrar error?  Was it a registry error?  Who says that Afilias Ltd. is a bunch of shonks who have ripped-off Landrush applicants!  H.E.C.K. N.O. - Afilias makes G.O.O.D. T.H.I.N.G.S. H.A.P.P.E.N. for some.

Just imagine if someone had told the Domains Department of Johnson&Johnson that second level domains don't have stops and that their S.M.A.R.T. Bolivian TM C.O.U.L.D.N.'T. be .info registered, Johnson&Johnson might not now be the owner of a V.E.R.Y. H.O.T. new TLD registration.

I wished every .info Landrush applicant could have been so L.U.C.K.Y.

Never mind - I am sure Johnson&Johnson will use their new "smart.info" registration to continue their humanitarian work.

Domain ID: D29937-LRMS
Domain Name:  SMART.INFO
Created On: 31-Jul-2001 18:18:19 UTC
Expiration Date: 31-Jul-2006 18:18:19 UTC
Trademark Name: S.M.A.R.T.
Trademark Date: 2000-06-16
Trademark Country: BOLIVIA
Trademark Number: 79382-C
Sponsoring Registrar: Virtual Internet PLC (R138-LRMS)
Registrant ID: C39745-LRMS
Registrant Name: Richard Biribauer
Registrant Organization: Johnson & Johnson
Registrant Street1: One Johnson & Johnson Plaza
Registrant City: New Brunswick
Registrant Country: US
Registrant Email: domains@corus.jnj.com

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy