Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: dtobias
Date/Time: Wed, November 7, 2001 at 1:11 PM GMT (Wed, November 7, 2001 at 8:11 AM EST)
Browser: Netscape Communicator V5.0 using Windows dows
Subject: Updating a .biz registration

This past weekend, I was finally officially informed by register.com that I had received a .biz name I applied for (which had been in the WHOIS for a while already).  However, I've been completely frustrated so far in my attempts to update the servers and contact info so that I can actually use the domain.  No matter what I do, everything keeps springing back to the state they were in originally, with the DNS pointing at register.com instead of where I want it to go, and register.com as technical and billing contact where I'd like to put myself.  Furthermore, ever since I started trying to change these settings, the DNS at register.com isn't even working correctly -- previously, the page brought up register.com's default page, but after I tried to use the DNS modification features to make it resolve to the address I wanted, it seemed to create malformed DNS entries at register.com so that the domain doesn't work at all, not even for a generic default page.

Wasn't .biz supposed to be run at a "near-military level of reliability", and doesn't the .biz registry site proclaim that a .biz domain will be usable instantly after registration instead of having a lengthy delay like other domains?

--Dan
Dan's Domain Site: http://domains.dantobias.com/
Link: Dan's Domain Site

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy