Return to New TLD Agreements Forum - Message Thread - FAQ

Username: Gregory W. Krajewski
Date/Time: Fri, November 9, 2001 at 12:14 AM GMT
Browser: Microsoft Internet Explorer V5.01 using Windows 98
Subject: I think your "misunderstanding" what "Proof-of-Concept" means....

The dot info and dot biz rollout IS a "Proof-of-Concept" to see if further TLDs are needed....Image Online Design built it's "Proof-of-Concept" registry for that reason (and to provide competition )...For all practical purposes, the "dot com" database is a "Proof-of-Concept" registry (very loose usage of "Proof-of-Concept here, but in fact it is just that)...

Proof-of-concept doesn't mean you will lose your domain names...It's "tech" terminology for:  Let's see what works, and what doesn't with this rollout...

NOW TO PUT TO REST ANY FEARS:  The difference between Jim Fleming's use of "Proof-of-Concept" is that there has to be some kind of official recognition by a ruling body...IN this case ICANN approved the dot info and dot biz "Proof-of-Concept" rollout....IANA approved Image Online Design's dot web registry...I believe the US gov't approved NSI's dot com "proof-of-concept (don't quote me on that, but obviously the US gov't kicked things off)....

Jim Fleming's dot-biz is not a "proof-of-concept" registry for that last reason:  Official recognition....And now that the Neulevel dot biz is officially in the pipeline...well..I am not sure what it is...

Hope that answers your question...If not I am sure Jim will try to do it for me! (LOL)

Message Thread:

Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Cookies Policy